1.10.10

Today was a L O N G day

Tom and I started the day off early .. leaving the house at 6:45 am .. we needed to go to Phoenix, which is only 2 hours away.  We were making great time, and about a minute after Tom commented on that fact, we hit traffic on the highway ... an HOUR LATER, after only moving ROUGHLY 50 feet ... we learned that there was a BAD accident 3 miles ahead, and the freeway was CLOSED due to it .. a half an hour later, we were finally able to turn around (going through the medium .. woops .. ) and begin the detour ... yes, we sat, practically PARKED on the highway for just over an hour and a half ... I even got out of the van a few times and walked around .. I took the babies out of their carseats and walked them around .. etc.  so, the detour was also backed up, due to everyone having to be moved that way .. and all in all, our 2 hour drive, turned into a FIVE hour drive!  We got done what needed to be done, then had to turn around and drive the 2 hours (yes, the roads going HOME were open thank goodness) to get home. 

there were other situations in the day that made the day continue to be long .. but actually they were good (went to a halloween themed bday party for my cousins son this evening .. )

All in all, even through all of that, I was able to do all of the things on my 8 weeks challenge.  (and here I am writing in the blog for the last point.  :) ) ... my exercising was spread out through the day .. a little walking, a little moving, a few arm stretches in the van while Tom was driving home from above mentioned party ... after the long day today, Im glad I was able to add this that and the other together to come up with 45 minutes of exercises ... because darn it, Im just too dang tired to go on that treadmill tonight!  heck, I spent a TOTAL of just around 9 hours in the VAN today!!   Being that I got ANY exercise in is something in and of itself! LOL

we did get good news from Gracie's neurologist though .... I figured I wouldnt even get a call till next week to schedule the EEG, but while on the road HOME from Phoenix, I received a phone call and we have now scheduled Gracies EEG.  the cool or .. interesting thing is ... we will go on Mon the 18th at 3pm ... they will hook her up to all the wires and electrodes, then send us HOME till 2 pm the next day.  we will be at HOME with all the 'gear' for her EEG .  .. whoda thunk! 

No comments:

Post a Comment