7.10.10

Talked with my doctor

I had a scheduled doctor appointment regarding a medication check up .. (sadly take a few, due to GERD, Thyroid issues, etc) ... and decided to talk with my doctor about the 8 weeks challenge.  I figured that Im making a big life style change here, all for the better, and that since Im going to be losing quite a few pounds with this, that my doctor should be involved.

He was THRILLED!  He said he KNOWS how hard it is to make this sort of change and commitment, and he commended me for doing so good so far.  He also gave me a prescription for a medication he ONLY prescribes to those who have made this 'type' of lifestyle change and commitment, and who are following through with it.  It is a medication that goes side by side with the work I am already doing, and it helps my metabolism work better allowing me to lose more weight.  I am to check with him once a month while I am still losing weight, so that he can monitor me and make sure all is well. 

I have decided that this 8 weeks challenge is mostly here to begin my new life.  I have done it before (lost quite a lot of weight!) and Ill post a couple of pictures.  But, for one reason or another, something happens and it comes back.  One time it was because I just STOPPED doing the "RIGHT" lifestyle ... one time I gained a LOT of weight due to anti seizure medications, and there was only so much I could do about THAT .. BUT, along with that, I eventually stopped the good lifestyle again and here I am.  sigh.  BUT ... this was the best swift kick in the butt that I could have received ... and Im doing fantastic.

I have a "BEFORE" and "AFTER" picture of Tom and I, early on in our marriage.  now, I was pretty thin for our wedding .. and the before picture here, was only 3 years later ... in our first apartment here in Tucson.  the After picture, was about a year and a half later.  pretty BIG difference, eh? 

I really look forward to when I can post my before and after pictures for this go round.  

4 comments:

  1. oh and its funny, cause Tom is wearing the same shirt in both pix! HAH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, he is!! Buy any new shirts recently Uncle Tom?? HAHA Anyways, I'm so glad u are doing so great!! I really need to do something...maybe even work out on weekends...I've already cut down my portions, it's just hard with the workout thing 'cause by the time I get off work, eat, and have time with my kids it's 7:00pm!! It's hard for me to work out at night 'cause it wakes me up n I can't go to sleep, but working out at least on the weekends might help huh?? Anyways, keep us posted and good luck!!! Love ya!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you know, you dont have to "WORK OUT" ...just get some walking done .. take a walk every once in a while with the kids in the evening ... they would LOVE it, it would get some of their extra energy out ... and honestly if you talk with drs, they will tell you that WALKING is the BEST exercise you could do for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen You Have ALWAYS Been 1 of the MOST kindest nicest sweetest people i have ever met~ i know you can do this i fluctuate w my weight as well been bouncing back n forth for the past 5 years now going from a size 14 to a 9 then back up to a 14 then back n forth. my poor closet dont know what to think. Its all our own fault though my hubby n i. We Love to eat lol. This will be my hardest part is breaking the old school food habit~ i know i can though because ive done it about 4 other times before with great results but it takes me a few years to stable out. I wish you the greatest i know you can do this lady~ Be Blessed!~

    ReplyDelete