3.10.10

the 8 weeks challenge

Ok, so we are winding up our first week of the 8 week challenge.  and i have to say its been a great week.  has it been easy? NO.  has it been worth it? YES! 

One of the things I LOVE about this challenge is that it is a well rounded challenge .. its not just about 'keeping fit' or 'loosing weight' or things like that .. its about making a BETTER ME ... not only physically, but spiritually and emotionally as well.  I have truly enjoyed reading scriptures every day this week!  I have enjoyed trying to come up with ways to do an act of service or kindness to someone every day. (that has not been easy LOL)

In talking with Karli (one of the organizers of  the challenge) .. there have been some not so nice emails sent to them regarding this challenge .. with people who have gleaned the totally WRONG information from this .. talking about how sad and angry they are that this challenge is 'forcing' people to exercise every day, and making people think they HAVE to loose weight, or that they are NOT already beautiful and HAVE to change themselves. 

HELLO?  COME ONE!!!! this is NOT about weight loss.  this is NOT about us not already being beautiful.  this is NOT about CHANGING WHO WE ARE ... this is about gaining BETTER lifestyle habits, which is ALWAYS a good thing.  it is about being better at who we already are!  Where is there ANYTHING WRONG in doing an act of service and kindness daily to someone?  where is there ANYTHING WRONG with making sure to drink enough water a day, or get enough sleep every day, or eating fruits and veggies, cutting all the excess sugars and sodas and such?  HELLO? 

I have truly ENJOYED this first week!  I AM a better ME.  Was I a "bad" me before? NO.  Is it ok to be willing to improve on the good we already have within ourselves? YES YES YES!  it is a GREAT thing to do. 

I have had more energy this week, I have had a smile on my face more often this week, I have been down right PROUD of myself this week on MANY levels, and as a bonus, I have actually LOST WEIGHT and had to move my belt up a hole. 

Is anyone forcing me to do this? NO.  Do I HAVE to do EVERYTHING 100%? well, according to the challenge rules, no.  BUT .. the structure of this challenge is such that for "ME" I DO have to do 100% .. WHY you ask? because I am holding myself accountable for these things.  Is anyone else? NO.  so if I DO slip .. will it hurt anyone but me? NOPE. 

So for anyone who has felt that this "8 weeks to a better you" challenge is a BAD thing ... then they can just stuff it.  LOL.  if someone feels that, then they have issues of their own! LOL. 

for me? I am enjoying this.  I am proud of myself.  I am in 100% compliance as of today for the challenge.  and I AM HAPPY! 

so there. 

1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome! I think the program is great....its not about being skinny or beautiful....its about feeling good about your self and being healthy so that you can be around longer for your family and friends. That is the most important thing. You are doing such a great job! you are so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete