19.10.10

Gracie's 24 hour EEG

We went in yesterday to hook Gracie up with all of her wires and goop for her 24 hour EEG.  We were given the instructions, the machine, and sent home. 

We were told that we needed to push a button on the machine every time we saw Gracie have one of her head tremors, then record the time, and length of the tremor on the record sheet.  This way, they could later take all of the information, and note what her readings were when she had the tremors, and determine if they are seizure related or not. 

I have seen the tremors daily for the past few months.  BUT, I have to admit, I had no clue how OFTEN she has them!! I had to watch her at all waking moments while she was hooked up to the electrodes, so that we could monitor as many tremors as we could, which means I saw A LOT of tremors! holy cow!  I had no IDEA that she had so many of these tremors! 

Within the first half hour of being home, we pushed the button 8 times.  There were many more through the evening, and quite a few of them this morning.  When I talked with the EEG tech this afternoon as they were taking the electrodes off, I mentioned that I had probably missed some.  He said that they would be able to notice even the ones that I missed, due to the number of tremors they WERE able to record. 

We should get a phone call within the next week with the results, so Ill be looking forward to that call. 

No comments:

Post a Comment