7.1.11

Solitude

I was wondering what to type about tonight ... closed my eyes, and all of a sudden I was able to picture something that happened when I was a young women. 

When I was at girls camp, when I was about 15 years old, we had a planned moment of solitude.  We were camping in a beautiful pine forest in CA.  We were asked to take our scriptures, and go out (not TOO FAR, dont get LOST now LOL) into a private part of the woods ... where it is quiet, peaceful, and secluded. 

Then we were to sit down on the forest floor, and spend that time as we see fit ... scriptures in hand ... in nature ... alone. 

Let me tell you, it was, even to this day, one of the most beautiful memories I have!  I can close my eyes and actually see the spot in my minds eye.  smell the beautiful scent of the pine forest.  hear the birds, and small animals as they wander the forest heights!  It was SO peaceful!  So serene!  so ... close to my Father in Heaven. 

I haven't done this (solitude in nature) in a VERY long time.  I need to.  its NOT easy to have solitude at the moment LOL busy mom of 5 and all that jazz ... but, (sigh) ... I think its that time again .. because I KNOW I will be a better wife, mother, and friend .... if I can be better for myself. 

1 comment: