5.1.11

rainbows

ok . . . rainbows are interesting things.  you cant see them if  its simply pouring down rain.   you cant see them when it is purely sunny.  You can only see them when there is a combination.  When there is water and light combined. 

But, you can never CATCH a rainbow.  Try as you might .. if you  see a rainbow, and try and walk closer to it, you will NEVER get closer. 

There are times when I want  so badly simply to reach out and grab that colorful beautiful peaceful looking rainbow, and keep it all for myself.  I can imagine the warmth of it .. the brightness of it .. the beauty of the shimmering colors even brighter as they are CLOSER ... but try and try ... it'll never happen. 

BUT ... when I am having one of those "bla" days (which, sadly, has been a few too often lately .. but eh, thats life!) ... I can try and look for "MY" rainbow.  If my day is 'cloudy' and feels like rain ... I have to be the one to look for the sunlight to be able to find my rainbow.  I have to admit, there are times when it really is hard to find that rainbow.  sometimes I dont really WANT to find that stupid rainbow, cause then it would mean I would have to find some sort of brightness in the day.  sigh. 

and again .. BUT ... I guess I should keep on looking ... cause when I DO find that rainbow, I can at least  smile.  it might not be my BEST smile, but its a smile. and sometimes thats all that counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment